The castle was built in the place of an old stronghold at the end of the 15th century in a late gothic style.
The castle had strong fortifications complemented by moats and leats.
In 1598 it got into the possession of Černíns who had it, however, converted into out-buildings.
In 1928 it was even declared a ruin. It was only in 1949 that a renewal of the castle was started.
340 12 Švihov
tel: (+420) 376 393 378
fax: (+420) 376 393 378
LAST MODIFY: Hana Wernerová
(Folklorní sdružení ČR) org. 2, 04.10.2005 v 21:20 hodin